UPDATE – Due to the weather and potential travel hazards, CCT has rescheduled tonight’s performance of Les Miserables at 7:00 PM to tomorrow, Sunday (2/16) at 7:00 PM. We have added in this show to honor everyone who purchased tickets for tonight. We would love to see all you audience members tomorrow night at 7:00 PM.
There are still minimal tickets available for both of tomorrow performances at 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Anyone wishing to purchase a ticket, should plan to arrive at least one hour before each performance time to do so. This site will be updated with any new information as warranted. Thank you!
Colchester Community Theatre is very excited to present Les Misérables thru special arrangement with MTI. Les Misérables is a sung-through musical based on the novel of the same name by French poet and playwright, Victor Hugo. “This international smash-hit may be the most popular musical in the world. Epic, grand and uplifting, Les Misérables packs an emotional wallop that has thrilled audiences all over the world. It is a powerful affirmation of the human spirit that has made this such a popular masterpiece.”
Performance dates are Friday February 14 at 7:00 pm, Saturday February 15 at 2:00 pm & 7:00 pm, and Sunday February 16 at 2:00 pm at Bacon Academy High School Auditorium, 611 Norwich Avenue in Colchester, CT. Ticket prices are $12.00 for Adults and $10.00 for Seniors and Children, age 12 and under. Preferred seating tickets (a maximum of 50 each performance) are available for $20.00 each. Preferred seating ticketholders will be asked to arrive at least a half hour before performance times as entrance to obtain seats will be allowed before the general audience. Seating for the general audience will take place 20 – 30 minutes before the performance time.
Several ticket purchase options are available:
Online ticket sales (credit card only) are available now through ShowTix4U – see additional information and the link on our Buy Tickets Page.
In person ticket sales (cash and check only) will be available at Copies Plus…more between 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, at 31 Halls Hill Road in Colchester beginning January 6.
Credit card sales by phone will be available through CCT’s “virtual box office” by calling 860-287-7309. Please leave a name and phone number and calls will be returned within 24 hours.
Tickets will be available at the door on performance days subject to availability. Advance ticket purchase is recommended. All ticket sales are final.
Note: Tickets will not be available for purchase at Colchester Parks & Recreation in the Town Hall.
CCT is selling advertisement space in our program as well as sponsorship levels offering free tickets and preferred seating to offset the cost of the costume rentals, sets and props construction. For additional information, contact our Producer, Donna Brown at 860-537-3215.
CCT is collecting canned food items in the lobby at all performances to replenish the Colchester Food Bank. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
In case of inclement weather, please call 860-537-7297 for updates. CCT is sponsored by Colchester Parks & Recreation.
Colchester Community Theatre is very excited to announce that Les Misérables has been selected for its February 2014 musical thru special arrangement with MTI. CCT will be one of the first few community theatres in Connecticut who have been granted the rights to produce the full musical version. Show dates are 2/14, 2/15 and 2/16/2014. Information regarding ticket sales will be posted in December.
Les Misérables is a sung-through musical based on the novel of the same name by French poet and playwright, Victor Hugo. “This international smash-hit may be the most popular musical in the world. Epic, grand and uplifting, Les Misérables packs an emotional wallop that has thrilled audiences all over the world. It is a powerful affirmation of the human spirit that has made this such a popular masterpiece.”
Auditions have been completed and our actors have been cast. Production is underway! Stay tuned for updated information on this site!
Colchester Community Theatre’s Annual Membership is currently for the period 7/01/13 – 6/30/14. We are now accepting membership dues.
Annual Membership will remain the same for $10 an individual or $20 for a family. Members are entitled to one complimentary ticket to our February production with individual membership and two complimentary tickets with family membership. Annual members, 18 or older are entitled to vote on each matter submitted to a vote at a meeting of members. Annual members can be eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors as well.
Being a member helps support our organization. It is the vision of the current Board of Directors to be able to offer more “perks” to our membership, but we need a lot of support from you! Please consider becoming a dues paying member. All dues and renewal applications should be mailed to Colchester Community Theatre, 127 Norwich Avenue, Colchester, CT 06415 – Attn: Laura Brown. Forms can be found on the “Membership Details” page.
CCT has chosen Little Mermaid JR, produced through special arrangement with MTI for its summer theater workshop musical. “In a magical kingdom fathoms below, the beautiful young mermaid Ariel longs to leave her ocean home to live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch Ursula, and convince Prince Eric that she’s the girl with the enchanting voice.”
Once again, it is election time. There are four positions up for re-election on the Colchester Community Theatre Board of Directors:
Vice President of Production
Member At Large (2)
We are actively seeking nominations for these positions. Candidates can either nominate themselves or they can be nominated by someone else. There are three ways that these nominations can be accepted:
- By phone to our President, Diane Ozmun, 537-1913 or Secretary, Monica Swyden – 860-465-7909
- By email to Diane Ozmun at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to Colchester Community Theatre, 127 Norwich Avenue, Colchester, CT
If anyone is nominated by another person, they will be contacted by phone to either accept or reject the nomination. Each elected member will serve a two year term on the board which will begin at our Annual Meeting in July. (Term is 7/1/13 – 6/30/14).
To be nominated for the Board of Directors, a candidate must be:
- Atleast 21 years old
- A resident of Colchester
- A dues paying member of the CCT for the previous year and must have actively participated in CCT during the previous year.
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL NOMINATIONS IS Friday, June 10, 2013
Below is a brief description of each position that is up for re-election:
Vice President of Production:
- Provides leadership in the CCT in order to ensure broad community participation in the creation of artistic
- Be responsible to the President, the BOD and ultimately the membership of CCT.
- Convene and preside over a meetings of the BOD and membership as well as act as Principle Executive Officer of CCT in the absence of the President.
- In conjunction with the Production Director, shall negociate crew chiefs and crews on a per show basis for each production of the season.
- Convene and preside over a meeting of the production personnel and individual crews prior to each production as well as during actual productions, as applicable.
- Serve on the play selection committee
- Report to the Board at all regular meetings and to the membership at the annual meeting.
- Ensure that financial accountability of the CCT is maintained and reported to the membership and other agencies.
- Be responsible to the President, BOD and ultimately the membership
- Attend meetings of the BOD, and membership and submit financial reports and budget proposals.
- Prepare and facilitate preparation and transmittal of financial reports and budget proposals.
- Facilitate billing of all membership renewals and such other account receivables as necessary.
Member At Large:
- Execute or facilitate execution of the projects & goals of the CCT through the direction of the President and Board
- Attends meetings of the membership and BOD.
- Performs duties or charges as designated by the BOD. Such duties will include service on standing and or adhoc committees.
After all nominations are received, ballots with a brief biography of each nominee will be mailed to all dues paying members. All ballots must be returned by mail prior to or brought to the Annual Membership Meeting (July 8 or 15 – to be determined) that will be held at Colchester Town Hall. Ballots will be tallied at this meeting and the new directors will be announced.